- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
CHERRY BUTTERCREAM FILLING:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, softened
- 3 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 6 ounces maraschino cherries, chopped
- 5 Tablespoons cherry juice from jar
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 10.5 ounces white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- pink candy melts, for drizzling on top
MAKE THE BROWNIES:
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9×9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
STEP 1: Melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature (about 10 minutes).
STEP 2: Stir sugar into cooled chocolate/butter mixture until combined.
STEP 3: Add eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla.
STEP 4: Gently fold in the flour and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan.
STEP 5: Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before topping with cherry buttercream filling.
MAKE THE CHERRY BUTTERCREAM FILLING:
STEP 6: In a large bowl using an electric or stand mixer, combine butter and juice from the maraschino cherries jar. Beat until the butter is smooth.
STEP 7: Slowly add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
STEP 8: Fold in roughly chopped cherries and dark chocolate chips. CAREFULLY, spread over the top of cooled brownies.
MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
STEP 9: In a large bowl, melt white chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream together in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat for 30 more seconds.
STEP 10: Spread over cherry filling and place in fridge for at least 2 hours or until hardened before cutting into squares.