- 1container (2.8 oz) French-fried onions
- 6cups water
- 2lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/4cup butter
- 1/4cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1cup half-and-half
- 4oz cream cheese
- 2cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1cup finely chopped cooked ham
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Reserve 1/2 cup French-fried onions for topping.
- 2 In 4- to 5-quart saucepan, heat 6 cups water to boiling over medium-high heat. Add green beans. Cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; drain, and place green beans back into pan; set aside.
- 3 Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add flour and salt; stir with whisk or fork until blended. Gradually stir in broth and half-and-half; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until smooth, bubbly and sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese and Cheddar cheese; stir until cheeses are melted. Stir in remaining French-fried onions and the ham.
- 4 Pour cheese mixture over green beans; stir to coat. Spread mixture in baking dish. Top with reserved 1/2 cup French-fried onions.
- 5 Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.